CoMothering Syracuse is Village Birth International’s local outreach for reproductive justice. We are committed to reclaiming the health and wellbeing of our families through self-determination, collective responsibility, and trust in individual wisdom.
• Sister–circles are healing circles. Birthing people have the power to heal and transform their families through liberated birth practices.
• We believe that equitable partnerships are central to reclaiming birth as a safe, humane, & loving act of resistance.
• Healthy families are created and maintained through community supported birth, breastfeeding and well-woman care.
• We should not be limited by circumstance.
• Women who are supported will make informed choices in their transition to motherhood. This support should be compassionate and respectful of individual traditions.
CoMothering is an ancient practice of gathering and information sharing in birth and parenthood. We have reinstated this practice as a response to racist and oppressive conditions that create illness and death in African and Latinx birthing families. We believe there is liberation in birth.
To practice with us:
for upcoming events or contact directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Official Perinatal Safe Spots